What kind of encryption does Tenta Browser use?
Tenta Browser uses various protocols and encryption to protect your data. Here is what we use and when:
- OpenVPN for secure connections and encrypting all inbound and outbound connections to the web (depending on configuration).
- Transit metadata (OpenVPN control channel) – TLS 1.2 DH key exchange, AES-256 with SHA-384 authentication. 2048bit RSA keys.
- Transit data (OpenVPN data channel) – AES-256 with SHA-512 authentication.
- Service APIs: TLS 1.2 Elliptic Curve DH key exchange, AES-256 with SHA-384 authentication. 384bit EC keys.
- As an added security feature, we enforce authentication on ZONE servers, to make sure only Tenta users have access.